Monday, November 21, 2011

My top 5 Thanksgiving episodes

Well, it's Thanksgiving week, and even tough we don't really celebrate it in Europe, we got used to this holiday with some pretty good episodes of our favorite shows. Here are my top five Thanksgiving episodes:

#5 Gossip Girl, The Treasure of Serena Madre

Synopses (from IMDB): Blair bid to find out what her Mother is hiding backfires. Vanessa gets into a fight with her mom and ends up at the Humphreys. Rufus is hurt when he discovers Lily has been lying to him. Chuck divulges some news that could ruin a friend to Nate. Jenny finds tries to get even with Eric after learning the truth
My verdict: The scene where they eat in Lilly's house is true Gossip Girl style. Applause to the Watcha Say by Jason Derulo being chosen for this
moment.
Favorite quote:
Gossip Girl: Uh oh. Looks like someone's small Thanksgiving might just have a big problem. May the Lord make us truly thankful for what we are about to receive.



#4 How I Met Yout Mother, Slapsgiving
Synopses (from IMDB):
Marshall warns Barney that the third slap in their "slap bet" will be coming on Thanksgiving night. Meanwhile, Ted and Robin sleep together on the night before Thanksgiving.

My verdict:
We got to see Robin and Ted with their private jokes, one more slap, and a very special musical moment performed by Marshall.

Favorite quote:

Barney: Did you just say Canadian Thanksgiving was, and I'm quoting, the "real Thanksgiving"? What do Canadians even have to celebrate "aboot"?
Robin: Canadian Thanksgiving celebrates explorer Martin Frobisher's valiant yet ultimately unsuccessful attempt to find the northwest passage.
Barney: Why are you guys even a country?





#3 Friends, the One With the Rumor

Synopses (from IMDB):
Will, an old friend of Ross' is in town and Monica invited him for Thanksgiving dinner. Will used to be really fat in high school and he really hates Rachel because she was horrible to him. Will shows his hatred and tells Rachel they had the "I hate Rachel Greene Club" in high school. The members of the club: Will and Ross!

My verdict:
What an amazing moment, to see Monica open the door to none other than Brad Pitt. The hermaphrodite cheerleader from Long Island, the I Hate Rachel Green Club, the fact that Will was as fat as Monica: a remarkable episode.

Favorite quote:

Phoebe
: Will, just take off your shirt and tell us.



#2 Friends, The One With Rachel's Other Sister
Synopses (from IMDB): Rachel's middle sister shows up on Thanksgiving Day

My verdict: The scenes with Amy and Rachel are hilarious. Their "fight", Monica and the plates, the whole "who has to die for me to raise Emma?".

Favorite quote (I have 2, actually)
Amy: You know what would be great? If you guys died!

Ross:
Thank you, Amy!

Amy: Could I take this call upstairs?

Ross:
Sure... but we don't live there.
Amy:[
to Rachel]: I thought he was a doctor.
Rachel: He has a Phd.

Amy: Ewww...




(this is a really short video, the ones with better quality are not enabled to be embed)


#1 Buffy, Pangs

Synopses (from IMDB):
On Thanksgiving, Buffy encounters the spirit of a Native American warrior whose people were wiped out by settlers.

My verdict:
Every episode with even a glance of David Boreanaz is good enough for me. And this episode was just so entertaining: Anya's sense of humor, Spike imprisoned by the Scooby Gang, and off course, and I am repeating myself, Angel lurking in the shadows to protect Buffy (it was a great intro for I Will Remember you, which I will leave to another post).

Favorite quote
:

Angel: I'm not evil again. Why does everyone think that?

Willow: Angel's here to protect Buffy.

Angel: I haven't been evil for a long time!




Happy Thanksgiving everybody.

No comments:

Post a Comment